Steelcraft’s GRAINTECH™ Series of stainable steel doors provides the beauty of wood with the features and benefits of steel. Our exclusive engraining and staining process simulates a wide variety of wood finishes, from ash to walnut, including custom finish matching.
GRAINTECH doors are available in a wide variety of options including size, glass lite designs, gauges and hardware preps, and are designed for interior and exterior applications.
Unlike veneered or solid wood doors, GRAINTECH is fully warranted for use on exterior openings, is less susceptible to damage, and will never warp, crack, peel or bow. It is also available in CE Series panel doors, L Series flush doors, T Series temperature rise doors, and H Series hurricane doors. The GRAINTECH Series is available with a full range of positive pressure fire-ratings, from 20 minutes to three hours.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Clear coat baked on for the ultimate in UV and graffiti resistance
- Multiple finishes provide options for a variety of applications
- Superior structural and insulation qualities provide ultimate performance
- Dezigner™ trim flush lite kits, stained to match the door
- Patented universal hinge preps allow for easy field conversion from standard to heavy-weight hinges
- Easily compatible with a wide variety of hardware including concealed vertical rods and concealed closers that may not be ideally suited for wood doors
- GRAINTECH is available for these Steelcraft constructions:
- CE Series (18- and 16-gauge)
- H16 and HE16 Series
- L Series (18- and L16-gauge)
- T Series (18- and T16-gauge)
- (UL-10B) and positive pressure standards (UL-10C)
The GRAINTECH finishes look like wood while providing the benefits of steel, making them ideal for exterior openings in schools, hospitals, nursing homes, apartment buildings, dormitories and more.
Technical Data Guide
For more complete information on GRAINTECH finishes, download the Steelcraft Technical Data Manual.
- GRAINTECH (Page 137)