The SZ Series Flush doors are square edge doors, designed to meet the architectural requirements for full flush 18ga heavy duty doors. The continuous bonding of the laminated core to steel face sheets provides an attractive, flat door.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Strength, durability and ease of installation
- Core systems laminated to both steel faces, enhancing the structural integrity of the whole door
- Standard Honeycomb cell with sanded surfaces for unfailing adhesion to the steel door faces reduces the weight of the door while providing the greatest structural integrity. With light colors, this core helps to avoid thermal bow from direct sun exposure
- Optional Polystyrene cores for enhanced thermal performance
- Square hinge and lock edges allow for non-handed inventory control for local distribution
- Full height, visible edge seams provide structural support and stability the full height of the door edges
- Patented universal hinge preparations allow for easy field conversion from standard-weight to heavyweight hinges
- Minimum 16 gauge top and bottom channels provide excellent door stability. (Note: Some stock SKUs come standard with a closed top. See price book page for details.)
Exceeds industry standards
- Overall door construction exceeds ANSI A250.8-2017 (SDI-100), the standard set by SDI specifying sizes, design, materials, construction, finishing and performance for standard commercial steel doors and frames
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements meet ANSI A250.6-2003, and locations meet ANSI/DHI A115, unless otherwise stated
- Doors meet the broadest fire rating requirements; they are listed for installations requiring compliance to both neutral pressure testing (ASTM E152 and UL-10B) and positive pressure standards (UL-10C)
- Factory-applied baked-on rust inhibiting primer meets ANSI A250.10-2011
Commercial applications not requiring compliance with architectural specifications. SZ doors are targeted at Distributor over the counter sales with walk-in Contractor trades requiring stock opening sizes and basic hardware configurations.
- Storage rooms and closets
- Retail entrances and back doors
- Economy hotel and motel unit entrances
Technical Data Guide
For more complete information on SZ Series flush doors, download the Steelcraft Technical Data Manual.