The SZ Series Flush doors are square edge doors, designed to meet the architectural requirements for full flush 18ga heavy duty doors. The continuous bonding of the laminated core to steel face sheets provides an attractive, flat door.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Strength, durability and ease of installation
- Core systems laminated to both steel faces, enhancing the structural integrity of the whole door
- Standard Honeycomb cell with sanded surfaces for unfailing adhesion to the steel door faces reduces the weight of the door while providing the greatest structural integrity. With light colors, this core helps to avoid thermal bow from direct sun exposure
- Optional Polystyrene cores for enhanced thermal performance
- Square hinge and lock edges allow for non-handed inventory control for local distribution
- Full height, mechanical interlock edges provide structural support and stability the full height of the door edges
- Patented universal hinge preparations allow for easy field conversion from standard-weight to heavyweight hinges
- Standard 14 gauge inverted (16 gauge stock doors) top and bottom channels provide excellent door stability, and is able to be dressed with top and bottom caps
Exceeds industry standards
- Steelcraft is SDI Certified through regular audits to ensure manufacturing, performance and quality standards set by the Steel Door Institute
- Overall door construction exceeds ANSI A250.8-2017 (SDI-100), the standard set by SDI specifying sizes, design, materials, construction, finishing and performance for standard commercial steel doors and frames
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements meet ANSI A250.6-2003, and locations meet ANSI/DHI A115, unless otherwise stated
- Doors meet the broadest fire rating requirements; they are listed for installations requiring compliance to both neutral pressure testing (ASTM E152 and UL-10B) and positive pressure standards (UL-10C)
- Factory-applied baked-on rust inhibiting primer meets ANSI A250.10-2011
Commercial applications not requiring compliance with architectural specifications. SZ doors are targeted at Distributor over the counter sales with walk-in Contractor trades requiring stock opening sizes and basic hardware configurations.
- Storage rooms and closets
- Retail entrances and back doors
- Economy hotel and motel unit entrances
Stock Falcon SZ
Stock is available in packs of 20 with construction variations versus made to order
- 16 gauge inverted top and bottom channels, bottom channel recessed 9/16" versus typ 3/4"
- Tighter mechanical interlock and flush top caps at no additional charge
- For inactive leaf, the active and inactive leaf must be ordered as made-to-order
Technical Data Guide
For more complete information on SZ Series flush doors, download the Steelcraft Technical Data Manual.
- SZ Series (Pages 107-108): Includes hardware preps (p 235), fire rated products (p 277), performance (p 323)