L Series flush doors are designed to meet the architectural requirements for full flush doors, from light to 14 gauge maximum duty. Premium standard door construction combines a beveled lock and hinge side, strong epoxy filled interlock edges, and unsurpassed 7 gauge hinge reinforcement.
The continuous bonding of the laminated core to steel face sheets provides an attractive, flat door, free of face welding marks. Tests have proven that the L Series door has a high resistance to impact damage, low thermal conductivity and high STC ratings.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Strength, durability and ease of installation
- Variety of core systems laminated to both steel faces, enhancing the structural integrity of the whole door
- Standard Honeycomb cell with sanded surfaces for unfailing adhesion to the steel door faces reduces the weight of the door while providing the greatest structural integrity. With light colors, this core helps to avoid thermal bow from direct sun exposure
- Optional Polystyrene and Polyurethane cores for enhanced thermal performance
- Beveled hinge and lock side edges have tighter tolerances and smaller gaps between door and frame face for a better visual appearance and ensuring easier operation and eliminating binding and sticking
- Full height, epoxy filled mechanical interlock edges provide structural support and stability the full height of the door edges
- Edges may be filled (with tack welds around openings) or may be stitch welded and filled, which is proven to be more structurally sound than continuously welded edges (which are commonly weaker because of heat buildup)
- Patented universal hinge preparations allow for easy field conversion from standard-weight to heavyweight hinges
- Standard 14 gauge inverted top and bottom channels provide excellent door stability, and is able to be dressed with top and bottom caps
- Recessed Dezigner™ Glass Trim creates clean edge, flush with the door surface
Exceeds industry standards
- Steelcraft is SDI Certified through regular audits to ensure manufacturing, performance and quality standards set by the Steel Door Institute
- Overall door construction exceeds ANSI A250.8-2017 (SDI-100), the standard set by SDI specifying sizes, design, materials, construction, finishing and performance for standard commercial steel doors and frames
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements meet ANSI A250.6-2003, and locations meet ANSI/DHI A115, unless otherwise stated
- Doors meet the broadest fire rating requirements; they are listed for installations requiring compliance to both neutral pressure testing (ASTM E152 and UL-10B) and positive pressure standards (UL-10C)
- Factory-applied baked-on rust inhibiting primer meets ANSI A250.10-2011
As our versatile flagship door, the L Series door is supported by countless standard and custom options for broad commercial applications from full glass architectural entrances to secure back doors and interior passages in hotels, offices and restaurants, multifamilies and apartments, hospitals, schools and more. Depend on the Steelcraft L Series door; depend on the strength of steel.
Technical Data Guide
For more complete information on L Series flush doors, download the Steelcraft Technical Data Manual.
- L Series (Pages 99-102), options (p 125), lights (p 153), hardware preps (p 235), fire rated products (p 277), performance (p 323)