FT Series 3-sided frames and elevations are designed to meet requirements for light to maximum duty applications in both commercial and institutional buildings. Although the most common use is exterior masonry opening, these frames are installed in both interior and exterior locations, and in virtually all types of buildings and wall constructions.
FT Series frames are to be installed as part of the wall framing sequence. They can be specified and supplied as KD (knock-down) for field assembly prior to installation or welded for installation as a complete unit.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Strength, durability and ease of installation
- 3-sided frames as well as elevations to support borrowed lights, side lights and transoms are available
- Thermal Break: By separating the frame along the stop, the transfer of exterior heat or cold into your building is reduced. FT frames provide 95% better resistance to thermal conductivity over non-thermal break frames
- Lower thermal costs and improved comfort
- Jamb and Head components are each factory assembled, with 3-sided frames supplied KD or face welded
- Uses galvannealed A-60 steel
- Frame and weld-in anchors are specially designed to achieve a true thermal break
- FT thermal separator: This durable polymer extrusion provides a more secure barrier over time and is more durable in freezing conditions compared to traditional vinyl separators
- Die-mitered corner connections: Die-mitered corner connection at the head and jamb insure an attractive, tight and closed mitered connection. The miter includes four corner tabs designed with concealed connection eliminating the need for continuous profile welding
- Patented universal hinge preparations allow for easy field conversion from standard weight .134" (3.3 mm) thick hinges to heavy weight .180" (4.7 mm) hinges
Exceeds industry standards
- Steelcraft is SDI Certified through regular audits to ensure manufacturing, performance and quality standard set by the Steel Door Institute
- Overall frame construction exceeds ANSI A250.8-2017 (SDI-100), the standard set by SDI specifying sizes, design, materials, construction, finishing and performance for standard commercial steel doors and frames
- Frames tested to ASTM C1363 for Thermal Performance
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements meet ANSI A250.6-2003, and locations meet ANSI/DHI A115, unless otherwise stated
- Factory-applied baked-on rust inhibiting primer meets ANSI A250.10-2011; separator material is not to hold prime or finished paint
Cold climates, very hot climates, or data centers where the transfer of heat is an important factor in energy cost savings, occupant comfort and efficiency.
Technical Data Guide
For more complete information on FT Series Frames, download the Steelcraft Technical Data Manual.
- FT Series (Pages 230-233: Includes Anchors, Hardware Preps, Lights, Fire Ratings