The DW Series Drywall frames are designed for light to maximum duty applications in both commercial and institutional buildings. Standard jamb compression anchors and a unique tab/lock corner design for knock-down (KD) assembly assure that the DW Series and K Series drywall frames install in minutes on finished drywall construction. They are ideal for light to heavy duty applications in commercial and institutional buildings.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Strength, durability and ease of installation
- Die-mitered corner connections lock together once the frame is installed; tab/lock design:
- Prevents head from rising
- Keeps head and jamb members in alignment
- Keeps miter tight
- Includes wedge-lock corner clips; screws are included to secure miter
- Compression anchors for quick installation and tight adjustment in the opening
- Factory prepared for field-installed silencers
- DW Series: adjustable base anchors allow for attachment directly to the wall sill runner and facilitate installation adjustment when the floor is not level
- K Series: sill attachment is made through the frame face, directly into the wall sill runner; bottom of frame face is supplied with factory countersunk holes for screw attachment
Exceeds industry standards
- Steelcraft is SDI Certified through regular audits to ensure manufacturing, performance and quality standard set by the Steel Door Institute
- Overall frame construction exceeds ANSI A250.8-2017 (SDI-100), the standard set by SDI specifying sizes, design, materials, construction, finishing and performance for standard commercial steel doors and frames
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements meet ANSI A250.6-2003, and locations meet ANSI/DHI A115, unless otherwise stated
- Frames meet fire rating requirements; they are listed for installations requiring compliance to both neutral pressure testing (ASTM E152 and UL-10B) and positive pressure standards (UL-10C)
- Factory-applied baked-on rust inhibiting primer meets ANSI A250.10-2011
The DW Series frames are designed for installation into rough openings of finished stud walls, interior drywall partition locations using baseboards. The K Series frames are designed for interior drywall partition locations not using baseboards. Die-mitered corner connections lock together once the frame is installed. Frames are factory prepared for field-installed silencers. The DW Series and K Series frames may be relocated without damage. The back bend returns allow for easier installation of drywall sliding between the stud wall and frame.
Technical Data Guide
For more complete information on DW & K Series Frames, download the Steelcraft Technical Data Manual.
- DW & K Series (Pages 45-52): Includes Anchors, Hardware Preps, Lights, Fire Ratings