BUILT TO LAST
Founded in 1933 in Cincinnati, Ohio, Steelcraft was one of the original members of The Steel Door Institute (SDI). In 2013, Steelcraft became part of the Allegion family of brands. We continue to expand our locations and capabilities, and recently opened a new West Coast Service Center in Chino, California.
Designed for institutional, commercial and industrial applications, Steelcraft provides an impressive selection of hollow metal doors and frames for virtually any wall condition or entryway requirement. Our focus is on the constant improvement of steel doors and frames, and it is reflected in our products.
Steelcraft’s offering includes flush, stile and rail, severe weather, acoustical, stainless steel and blast resistant doors as well as the GRAINTECH™ Series of stainable steel doors that provide the beauty of wood with the benefits and features of steel. Steelcraft has set the standard for performance, reliability and style. As a key member of Allegion, Steelcraft is well positioned to continue its dramatic growth and success.
HISTORY OF STEELCRAFT
1933 – Steelcraft founded by the Levinson family as a building products distribution company
1946 – Steelcraft secured its 32-acre site in Blue Ash (Cincinnati), Ohio
1959 – Steelcraft sold its metal building division to Inland Steel Products Company
1969 – American Standard purchased Steelcraft from the Levinson family
1988 – American Standard sold Steelcraft to MascoTech
1996 – MascoTech sold Steelcraft to Ingersoll Rand Security & Safety
2013 – Ingersoll Rand completed the spinoff of its commercial and residential security businesses into Allegion
Allegion (NYSE: ALLE) is a global pioneer in safety and security, with leading brands like CISA®, Interflex®, LCN®, Schlage® and Von Duprin®. Focusing on security around the door and adjacent areas, Allegion produces a range of solutions for homes, businesses, schools and other institutions. Allegion is a $2 billion company, with products sold in almost 130 countries. For more, visit www.allegion.com.